5.29.2008

Graduated & Jobless

Well, I've graduate from college and I have nowhere to go. I like to consider myself a vagabond, but call it what you will. I've sent resumes out to all the places that I can think of and so far I've only gotten two responses, one from Northwest Baptist Church in Oklahoma City (Andy & Laura's church) and the other from the Mennonite Brethren Church in Enid. The Enid process will likely take up to a month, depending on how far I get in the process. I think my ideal place to work would be at Ebenfeld in Hillsboro. I would get to work close to two great youth pastors at Parkview and Hillsboro MB and I think it would be a great place to begin my ministry and learn from them. So...I'll try to keep you all posted on what happens as far as that goes.

I have surgery next Tuesday (6/3) on my shoulder...so that will pretty much make in effective to do anything useful. I can't do any odd jobs or anything like that, so it will be a struggle to just have to sit there all the time.

Carrie and I continued our relationship about a week ago. We talked a lot during the break about things that should have been discussed during the relationship and she felt really good about where she was at. So, we decided to start the relationship again and I think it has been the best it has ever been; Carrie would agree. She feels the most comfortable about it then she has been. It basically helped us to understand the importance of communication. There were too many unknowns about how we felt about the relationship and those just needed to come out before the relationship would be the best. Right now Carrie is in KC for the summer working at Union City Mission which is a homeless ministry in inner city KC. This is her first week and she asks for prayer for contentment. She says that all she can think about is when she'll be able to come home. But, I'm sure once the program picks up and she gets into the daily grind of that job, she'll feel much more content about it. This is also a time where the both of us are really seeking God's wisdom and clarity as far as our relationship. I think that this summer will either make or break the relationship; it will help us both see whether or not we want to be with each other forever. Anyways, I don't know if that made sense to all of you, but it does to me.

I think that is all for now. Keep praying that God will show me an awesome job. Love you all.

2 comments:

Andy and Laura said...

Andy and I both feel like our year apart was the most important time in our relationship. Even though we were still very young at that time, it taught us a lot about communication and allowed us to get our priorities right. We pray that this summer will do that same thing for you and Carrie. We have really enjoyed the time we have gotten to spend with her. Hopefully we can all get together for a weekend this summer!

We love you and we will be praying for you and your surgery. Check our blog for pictures of Tucker's surgery! ewwww.

Anonymous said...

I want to see some pictures. Words are boring.